As the year comes to an end and as we look forward to the start of a new one, we take this opportunity to share with you our highlights from the year and extend our profound gratitude to all who have made this year a success.
This year, 255,896 young Africans participated in our programs from 1,294 schools. From our flagship Company Program to Innovation Camps and financial literacy program, participants gained knowledge in entrepreneurship, financial literacy and work readiness. They also built among other skills, their leadership, public speaking, and team work skills, which are necessary for their growth/future undertakings.
We also acknowledge our volunteers who offer their time to deliver our programs to young people and have served as coaches and mentors to many. 3,149 individuals volunteered on our programs this year with the support of 1,692 teachers and educators bringing the experiential component of lessons learned to bear. We are grateful for their dedication and commitment to achieving JA’s mission.
In addition to our impact, we end the year in celebration of some important milestones and highlights. This year, we:
- Completed our first ever multi-country program impact evaluation, which we will share early next year.
- Established JA Cote d’Ivoire
- Reached over 1 million followers on social media
- Celebrated the 20th Anniversaries of JA Nigeria and JA Zimbabwe, and 40th of JA South Africa
- Appeared on CNBC Africa and BBC World talking about youth in Africa and elevating the importance of our mission
- Won King Hamad Prize for youth enablers of the SDGs and the Anzisha Entrepreneurship Evangelist Award
- Secured some exciting new partnerships that we look forward to announcing soon and collaborating with.
We look forward to an even fuller, more exciting year in 2020!