Position Title: Program Coordinator
Reports to: Grants and Programs Director
Duration: Short- term role (7 months)
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Start Date: 1st August 2023
SUMMARY OF ROLE
We are looking for a competent Program Coordinator to lead the implementation of the Prudence Foundation’s Cha-Ching program in Cameroon. The Program Coordinator will primarily undertake various administrative and program management tasks, including planning, organizing, monitoring programs and activities, and carrying out critical operational duties.
ABOUT THE CHA-CHING FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM
In partnership with Prudence Foundation, JA Africa, implements the Cha-Ching Financial Literacy Curriculum. This program educates and empowers children with essential financial knowledge and life skills. Cha-Ching focuses on four fundamental concepts: Earn, Save, Spend, and Donate. These concepts are presented to children through engaging and interactive activities, videos, and songs, making the learning experience enjoyable and relatable. The program offers a comprehensive curriculum that covers various financial literacy topics, including money management, budgeting, saving, entrepreneurship, and philanthropy. The curriculum is designed to be adaptable and can be integrated into schools or delivered through after-school programs.
The primary objective of the Cha-Ching Financial Literacy Curriculum is to promote financial literacy and entrepreneurship among children, equipping them with the necessary skills to make informed financial decisions and cultivate positive money habits from an early age. The program primarily targets children aged 8 to 12 years, recognizing the importance of instilling financial literacy at a young age when habits and attitudes towards money are being formed.
- Coordinate program implementation activities.
- Support stakeholder meetings and engagement activities.
- Assist in the selection and organization of training sessions for program facilitators.
- Undertake periodic classroom observations to monitor program progress.
- Prepare and submit feedback to the programs team on sessions (teacher-student performance, challenges, areas of improvement, etc.)
- Work as a liaison between heads of schools, teachers, volunteers, and the programs team
- Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Document pre- and post-surveys received from schools according to defined protocol and provide feedback to schools.
- Collect information on patrons and heads of schools.
- Support out-of-school/field-related activities—E.g., program closure events, meetings, and any other that may come up
- Prepare and submit regular progress reports and final program report
- Schedule periodic update meetings with the programs team
- Degree in International Development, Economics, Program Management, Education, or other relevant field
- Academic or professional training or experience in program monitoring and evaluation
- At least 1-2 years of relevant full-time work experience (internship experience also acceptable)
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail and organized
- Strong interest in financial health education
- Strong computer literacy (must be proficient with MS Office)
- Strong work ethic, maturity, fast learner, and high level of reliability
- Native proficiency in English
- Professional working fluency in French is strongly desired
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Program Coordinator Position_Cameroon – Your Name” (e.g., Application for Program Coordinator Position_Cameroon – Charles Mbang) no later than Friday, July 14, 2023, at 5 pm GMT.
Please use the following naming convention for your application documents: “CV – Charles Mbang” and “Cover Letter – Charles Mbang” Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicant must reside in Doula, Cameroon and have legal authorization to work.