JA Africa and Facebook announce the 2019 Out Of School Youth (OOSY) Company of the Year Competition, sponsored by Facebook. This competition selects the winner of the OOSY category award at the 2019 JA Africa Company of the Year (COY) competition. The COY is JA Africa’s flagship event that celebrates the entrepreneurial achievements of young people from across Africa who have completed JA’s entrepreneurship education programs. The OOSY competition gives JA students the opportunity to showcase the businesses they have established and compete to win amazing prizes.
Competitors will be judged by a panel of professionals.
Category 1: Companies owned by JA alumni from any of the countries where JA works in Africa. Entrants in this category are only eligible for the First and Second place prizes (see prize details below).
Category 2: Startup/early-stage companies (1-3 years old) owned by any African youth between ages 16-30. This entrant category is only eligible for the Facebook Digital Marketing Prize (see prize details below).
In order to enter the competition, Companies must complete registration and submit all of the following by 1st October 2019 at 11:59 pm GMT:
- Complete and submit certificates for 10 mandatory Facebook Blueprint Courses
- Complete a Company Profile Questionnaire
- Create a Facebook Business Page
- Create a 2-minute Video Advertisement that effectively uses at least one Facebook tool (Legend, Boomerang, Videoshop)
- First Prize: OOSY Company of the Year, will receive a cash prize of $1000 and an all-expenses paid trip to Accra for one team member to attend the COY to receive the award.
- Second Prize: cash prize of $800
- Facebook Digital Marketing Prize: The Company will receive a cash prize of $500 and Facebook Ad credits.
The pages of the three companies will also be promoted via JA Africa’s Facebook page, which has a following of over 1 million followers. Members of all competing teams will receive certificates of achievement.
Applications are now open. Submit your application here