JA Africa is looking to hire a Finance and Office Assistant to join the team in Accra. The FOA will provide office, finance and accounting support to ensure efficient operations of the JA Africa office and for projects within JA’s member nations in Africa.
Reports to: The Regional Finance and Operations Manager
Location: JA Africa Regional Operating Center (ROC); Accra, Ghana
Work hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm (or later when necessary)
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE SUPPORT
· Prepare all payment vouchers and cheques while ensuring adequacy and accuracy of supporting documemtation.
· Ensure accuracy of all invoices, payments, vouchers and receipts, together with their supporting documents and accurately enter in the accounting system as appropriate.
· Coordinate approval and/or payment for all invoices, check requests, and other expenses related to JA Africa regional expenses.
· Prepare and file monthly statutory returns for JA Africa staff.
· Scan all vouchers, contracts and other financial documents as well as supporting documents on a regular basis.
· Maintain accurate financial and accounting files, filing system and transactions, both soft and hard copies.
· Assist in preparation of budgets and budget monitoring for projects and in periodic financial reports, and submit for review.
· Maintain proper accounting records in respect to invoices, cashbook and payment vouchers for all payments for JA Africa regional office
· Maintain fixed Asset Register for all JA Africa regional office assets in Ghana
· Ensure all utility bills related to JA Africa office in Ghana are received, paid and accounted for
· Serve as bank agent for JA Africa regional accounts in Ghana
· Record all cash movement and undertake periodic cash counts
· Review, reconcile and submit to Regional Finance Officer all financial reports from and for member nations
II. LOGISTICS SUPPORT
· Manage office supplies and ordering new supplies as needed.
· Lead visa acquisitions and other travel logistics for JA Africa CEO
· Supervise the Office Cleaner and Security Guard
· Ensure that all utilities are functional and available (Electricity, Water, Internet, etc)
· Oversee regular maintenance of generator, air conditioners, grounds (lawn) and other equipment and appliances
· Manage assets, including control of asset acquisition, movement and upkeep of an asset lists, etc.
· Check JA’s Post office box regularly
· Ensure that all operating documents for JA Africa are renewed annually
· A part 2 of professional qualification in ICA/ACCA/CPA, in addition to a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· At least three years post-graduate experience
· Experience working with an NGO/INGO
· Extensive knowledge of preparing financial business reports and statements
· Proficiency in Windows 10 or later, MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and internet
· Familiarity with GAAP, taxation, auditing/quality assurance, international reporting standards and knowledge of managerial and cost accountancy
· Ability to quickly learn new systems, processes/procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
· Strong organizational, time management and active listening skills
· Attention to detail and proven ability to work independently and within a group under strict deadlines on multiple projects
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to maintain confidentiality
· Fluency in French is an added advantage
KEY QUALITIES REQUIRED
· Analytical thinking
· Strong team player
· Excellent work ethics
The above statements are a description of the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Finance and Office Assistant.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Application for Finance and Office Assistant Position – Your Name” (e.g. Application for Finance and Office Assistant Position – Yaw Barima), no later than Friday, January 31st, 2020 at 5pm GMT.
Please use the following naming convention for your application documents: “CV – Yaw Barima” and “Cover Letter – Yaw Barima”
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Applicants must be resident in Ghana and have legal authorization to work.