JA (Junior Achievement) Africa is a member of JA Worldwide, one of the world’s largest youth serving NGOs. JA ‘s mission is to prepare youth for the future of jobs. Through the delivery of hands-on, blended learning in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship, we empower young people to grow their entrepreneurial ideas, hone their work skills, manage their earnings, and secure better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.
In 2020, JA Africa partnered with the PMI Educational Foundation (PMIEF) to integrate project management into its programming for youth. This strategic investment was aimed at preparing young people to better pursue their academic and professional goals by equipping them with the project management knowledge and skills necessary for 21st century success.
JA Africa has integrated project management into its flagship program, the JA Company Program – an entrepreneurship program that empowers young people to either solve a problem or fulfil an unmet need in their community as they design, execute, manage, market and monitor their own microenterprise.
2. Purpose of this call
JA Africa is seeking experienced translators to translate the materials for the Integrated Company Program from English to French, for use by its francophone Member Nations.
Proposals are welcomed from translation companies or consortia, as well as from individual candidates specialized in translation of texts from English to French. The preferred suppliers will have experience in translating texts such as curricula, training decks, and capacity-building materials.
Experience in translating texts relating to entrepreneurship, project management and youth is a plus.
The following materials have already been translated into French but will require review and finalization:
- PMIEF Integrated Company Program Facilitator Manual (24,193 words, 87 pages)
- Introduction to Project Management Youth Guide (1835 words, 8 pages)
The following materials will require full translation from English to French:
- PMIEF Integrated Company Program Student Manual (21,996 words, 81 pages)
- Training of Trainers Slides (11,220 words, 98 slides)
- Pre Survey – Integrated Company Program (649 words, 3 pages)
- Post Survey – Integrated Company Program (1,118 words, 5 pages)
- Introduction to Project Management Youth Guide – Pre and Post Survey (568 words, 4 pages)
4. Application process
Interested candidates are invited to send a proposal containing:
– Cost per word or page translated
– CVs of the proposed translator(s)
– Availability to start work & proposed timeline for completion
– Names and contact information for 3 references for translation projects completed for other organisations (preferably for youth centred organisations)
Interested translators should submit their proposal by 11:59 PM on Friday 30th April 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title: ‘Proposal for Translation – Integrated Company Program – 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.