JA Africa’s Organizational Awards and Key Accomplishments
JA Africa has gained global recognition and regional traction as the go-to organization that adds value to education by bridging the gap between what students learn in classroom and the skills they need to be successful in world of work. It has successfully achieved this feat by partnering with governments, schools, private sector and other like-minded organizations to implement projects and programs which have impacted different youth groups at the individual, community through national scale levels.
The following are some of JA Africa’s key organizational accomplishments:
1. Reached over 2 million young people in Africa through our programs since 2011 including 250,000+ in 2018 alone.
2. Selected by the Governments of Gabon and of Ivory Coast to manage the national business incubators under the auspices of the Ministries of Small and Micro-Enterprises.
3. Won the 2019 UN King Hamad Prize for Youth Enablers in achievement of the SDGs. This global award comes as an expression of the firm faith of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain, in young people’s potential to lead their countries and the world towards a better shared future of peace and prosperity for all people on a healthy and renewable planet, as envisioned by the SDGs.
4. In 2018 partnered with SAP in Kenya to build and equip a new Innovation space the first designed specifically for high school students. The space provides a platform not only for the JA Kenya program members but also for the school and the community to learn, collaborate and create a better future through entrepreneurship. The space was launched during SAP’s month of Community.
5. Reached over 1 million social media followers across multiple channels, the largest of any youth-focused organization in Africa and leverage this as a platform for education, economic agency and opportunity dissemination.
6. JA Africa CEO received the Youth Evangelist Award from The Anzisha Prize, the foremost award for youth entrepreneurship in Africa and was selected one of the Most Influential Women in Africa in 2019
7. Recognized across the continent as a leader in youth economic empowerment. Over the last 10 years in Zambia, the office of the First Lady of the Republic has run its flagship skills development program in partnership with JA.