JA Ghana is recruiting an experienced Executive Director to oversee all operations, functions and activities. The successful candidate will be the face of the organization, responsible for giving the proper strategic direction and implementing a high quality vision.
The person selected for this role is expected to be an influential manager with the ability to lead and motivate. They should have great communication skills and take a holistic approach in managing the organization’s operations and lead the organization towards the realization of its mission.
The main responsibilities of the job will include: strategic planning, fundraising, stakeholder relationship management, promotion, Board management and program implementation.
JA (Junior Achievement) Ghana is a member of JA Worldwide, one of the largest global non-profit organization dedicated to empowering young people to own their economic success by enhancing the relevance of education. JA programs focus on the areas of Work Readiness, Entrepreneurship and Financial Literacy and provide experiential learning experience for young people to prepare for life in the 21st century.
This position will be based in Accra and will report to the Board of Directors, working closely with the JA Africa regional office in Ghana.
Purpose of Position:
Program Growth and Quality:
Financial Management and Administration:
Selects and manages support staff; sets accountabilities, coaches, develops and reviews
Quality Planning and Implementation:
· Master’s degree in Development Studies or other related fields
· Minimum five (5) years working experience in a similar position with an international organization
· Strong leadership and personal accountability
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal relations
· Sound judgment and practical goal setting
· Integrity and business ethics
· Effective time management and ability to perform under pressure
· Fluency in English
· Experience in entrepreneurship education
· Expertise in marketing/sales, management and leadership
· Strong computer skills
· Strong sense of collaboration
· Creative problem-solver
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV/resume and a cover letter addressed to “The Hiring Committee, JA Ghana” to email@example.com by January 31st,2018 with the email subject line format “JA Ghana Executive Director – YOUR NAME” e.g. JA Ghana Executive Director – Afua Mensah.
Your submitted documents should have the naming convention CV_YOUR NAME (e.g. CV_Afua Mensah) and Cover Letter_YOUR NAME (e.g. Cover Letter_Afua Mensah).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.