We are hiring! JA Africa is recruiting a Marketing and Communications Officer to join our team. Applicants must be experienced in social media management, media/PR management, communications, events planning and content (videos, graphics) creation. Applicants must be based in Accra. No relocation assistance offered. Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. See full job description below:
Location of Assignment: JA Africa Regional Operating Center, 52 Jungle Road, East Legon Accra
Duration: One year renewable, w/ initial 3-month probation
Employee Status: Full time
Hours: 8:30am – 5pm (40 hours/week, with additional hours as required)
Supervisor: JA Africa CEO
Junior Achievement (JA) is one of the largest global nonprofit organizations dedicated to empowering young people to own their economic success by enhancing the relevance of education. Through programs in our three core areas of work readiness, financial literacy and entrepreneurship, JA enhances the ability of young people to realize the opportunities and realities of work and life in the 21st century. JA Africa is one of six JA Worldwide® Regional Operating Centers. Today, there are 13 active JA Member Nations in Sub-Saharan Africa, and collectively they reached more than 260,000 in 2017/18.
The Marketing and Communications Officer (MCO) is responsible for supporting and executing the strategies of the organization to increase visibility and brand awareness by preparing marketing material, articles and talking points, drafting and editing press releases, newsletters, donor reports and annual organizational reports, creating graphics, managing relations with the communications committee of the Board as well developing and updating the JA Africa website and supervising updates to social media sites. The MCO also assists with planning and coordinating all JA Africa events.
- Specific Functions:
- Develop high quality communications including quarterly newsletters, annual reports, periodic updates to the regional fact sheet and other collateral materials
- Review/develop content, and manage the production of JA Africa marketing and communication documents
- Develop marketing tools for distribution to the regional board, educators, current/potential funders and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain communication with Africa Member Nations, other regions and JA Worldwide to ensure that relevant information and resources are available to stakeholders in the Africa region
- Share content regularly and consistently across JA Africa’s social and other media outlets/platforms
- Coordinate all aspects of the JA Africa Regional Company of the Year (COY) Competition, working closely with the Regional Program team and Executive Directors to ensure the execution of successful events
- Drafting CEOs speeches, articles and external communications
- Creating graphics for external communication using Canva
- Creating or editing content or working with video content creators to ensure proper messaging.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with media outlets such a magazines, newsletters television and radio across Africa
- Building the capacity of JA member nations to expand their marketing and communications
(Education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations or Marketing & Communications.
- At least 3 years of experience in communications for a large organization or company
- Experience organizing large events such as conferences or coordinating national or regional events a plus.
- Fluency in English
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong familiarity and ease with social media platforms
- Basic capacity in graphic design
- Ease in media relations with external stakeholders
- A positive attitude
- Ability to work independently or with little supervision
- A self-motivated person who shows initiative
- Familiarity with creative processes, resources and social media platforms
- Working familiarity with content creation platforms for graphics and video such as Canva and content management platforms such as Hootsuite
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms, speficically Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Proficiency in website management
- Knowledge of social entrepreneurship and youth economic empowerment
- JA leadership or equivalent experience with successful track record in all aspects of international NGO operations
- Proficiency in French
- HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter, two writing samples and CV/resume to email@example.com
The above statements are a description of the general nature and level of work being performed or to be performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.